Saturday, December 12, 2009

NATIONAL BELIZE VIEW ON CLIMATE CHANGE!

BELIZE NATIONAL VIEW ON CLIMATE CHANGE

Greenland ice cores long ago, have revealed the cycles of climate on Earth. If my memory serves me right. The 300 and 700 year cycles are the smallest ones. I would guess within the 300 year cycle you are going to get even more mini-cycles.
The last big drought in our area was like 400 years ago if I remember rightly? Have to look it up on the internet ( FREE ) in my book again - EARLY HISTORY OF BELIZE. There is a cycle for locusts in our area as well. Forget the date of the last big one? We certainly get locusts here in Hillview, Santa Elena Town in Western Belize, a half a dozen about the size of pigeons each year. Usually around the Spring. I cannot even imagine one with millions of locusts. As I recollect the locust cycle, lasts for 3 years.

No comments: