Saturday, November 27, 2010

BELIZE RESEARCH TILAPIA FISH FARMING TAKES OFF!

AGRICULTURE AND FISHERIES DEPARTMENT OF BELIZE GRASP THE EXPERIMENTAL THORNS OF RESEARCH FOR COMMERCIAL TILAPIA PRODUCTION BY SMALL FARMERS.

Saw an interesting video advertising blurb, political in nature, showing some new cement ponds at some place called BISCAYNE ( where ever that is? ) Mr. Castro of Central Farm was quoted as the lead man. In my excitement I almost jumped in my truck to go and talk to them. But I see they have only just started. Central Farm Research station are producing fingerlings of TILAPIA for fish farmers in rural parts. This has got me excited. I'm definitely interested!
I did notice from the video clips that they do not have pvc pipe on the bottom of the cement ponds, producing bubbles of air, to oxygenate the water. It is unlikely from the little I have heard, that sufficient pounds of TILAPIA can be produced for farmers based on stagnant water production. They are using chicken manure to produce algea as food and nitrogen in the ponds. To pack in commercial weight quantities you need oxygenated water. You can get this with a windmill charger, solar panel and a 3/4 inch JABSCO neoprene impeller type pump, to force air into the bottom of the tank ponds, with rising bubbles giving increased oxygen content to the fish growing in there. The pump itself is operated by a 12 volt battery.
There was already some useful research on fish feed mentioned. Imported fish feed was .80 cents a pound and local produced fish feed ( a new industry for an entrepreneur here ) was quoted around .20 cents a pound. This is definitely the kind of thing to be researching. Stuff that is useful. They were also talking combining floating rafts of vegetables. Another way to go in research. I guess I'll wait to see if they are a little further along, before going to bother them. I want fish financial return commercial production figures per cubic yard of water, based on TIME to sales.
The driving force behind this is Elected Representatives EDMUND CASTRO and Rene Montero. They are definitely on the right track to being useful. CONGRATULATIONS!
Some research in packaging of fish fingers would be useful as well, for export products. Sort of like canned sardines. Though I would more think along lines of those metalic type wrappers used for chocolate bars, used nowadays. Believe they come from Taiwan in rolls, with printing on them. What kind of fish finger could you export? Salted, brined, or what?

2 comments:

paulinaviajera said...

i have a land in san pedro it is full of water ,can be great to do tilapia farming there ,i need information .can you conectme whit this guys?

osma said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
First name......
Middle name.....
2) Gender:.........
3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
4) Loan Duration:.........
5) Country:.........
6) Home Address:.........
7) Mobile Number:.........
8) Email address..........
9) Monthly Income:.....................
10) Occupation:...........................
11)Which site did you here about us.....................
Thanks and Best Regards.
Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com


Hello Everybody,
My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
First name......
Middle name.....
2) Gender:.........
3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
4) Loan Duration:.........
5) Country:.........
6) Home Address:.........
7) Mobile Number:.........
8) Email address..........
9) Monthly Income:.....................
10) Occupation:...........................
11)Which site did you here about us.....................
Thanks and Best Regards.
Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com