Tuesday, December 13, 2011

HAMMOCK MAKING BUSINESS ON HALT FOR HOLIDAY SEASON.

HAMMOCK MAKING ENTREPRENURIAL BUSINESS AT A DEAD STOP UNTIL JANUARY ON MY SIDE OF THE DEAL

My friend, a young man from Benque Viejo who was wanting to be an entrepreneur, changed his mind apparently. Decided he would be better off with a salaried job. Disappeared! Cést la vie. In the meantime, I´m out about $1120 dollars in start up costs, and haven´t got it resolved yet at all. The DISTRIBUTOR in the STATES received the hammock sample I sent him via mail. Took about a month to get there. He said he needed three weeks to test the markets and show the sample around to buyers. Also told me not to do anything else costing money until he has tested the waters. So through the holidays I will sit.
Saw a TV talk show with John Woods about the prison system. From what he said, should be able to get prisoners to make hammocks, like they do in MEXICO? At the moment I still do not have a supply source for the hammock string. The string from CHINA turned out to be nylon thread and took a year to reach me in Belize. The hammock string I ordered from Guatemala City, turned out to be useless rolls of tying polypropylene line used for AGRICULTURE and unsuitable for making hammocks. Took about a month to get that deliver also, via various problems. 4 days for the actual delivery to Melchor de Menchos, by bus freight transport. Right now, am waiting on the market orders to solidify, before I go any further.

No comments: