Monday, December 19, 2011

THIS IS EMBEZZLEMENT PURE AND SIMPLE BY THE PRIME MINISTER AND HIS POLITICAL PARTY, in my opinion.

CRIMINAL USE OF MY TAX AND YOUR TAX MONEY, OR NOT?

The PRIME MINISTER GAVE $1,240,000 OF my TAX MONEY and YOUR tax money, ( one and a quarter million dollars ) to ELECTED POLITICAL REPRESENTATIVES, to make Christmas presents to voters of their choice, within their voting districts. Now I didn´t get anything from my elected representative, Rene Montero in Central Cayo. Yet it was MY money the PRIME MINISTER GAVE AWAY, paid in taxes. ( GST mostly ) Far as I can tell, not ALL the money was given out as Christmas presents to voters, who either needed it, ( charity function ), or to buy influence and votes. Far as I know, some elected representatives must have pocketed a chunk of change. $10,000 or more out of their $40,000. We will NEVER KNOW? There is no bookkeeping on this.

PRIME MINISTER DEAN BARROW, thinks this is OKAY! I think it is a CRIME! What do you think? I guess it depends on whether you got anything or not. I did not. Did you? So who did, and what were the reasons? I never even knew about it, the deed was most foully carried out in secret, as an embezzlement. It wasn´t until the media reported on the matter, AFTER THE FACT, that I heard about it. To me this is EMBEZZLEMENT AND CORRUPTION.
Should the POOR get largesse from the government taxes, distributed through a charity instead? Should political influence be alloted to elected representatives, by their discretion and choice, who gets what in gifts, or money, and how?

THIS IS NO WAY TO RUN A COUNTRY, to my mind. Those small port town policies of yesteryear, when the population was smaller should be prevented by LAW. ETHICAL AND MORAL WAYS OF DOING THIS SORT OF THING SHOULD BE DEVISED, BY ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY. This is CORRUPTION and EMBEZZLEMENT. Pure and simple!

No comments: